Saturday, August 16, 2008

Duplicate Categories

I noted a few days ago that the list had passed 100 books. However, a number of categories contain more than one book, so I actually hadn't reached 100 categories.

As of today, I have 100 categories, using 141 books. I've also figured out how to make the Google data tables show up in a post*, so I'll celebrate by displaying a table of the duplicate categories:



*in case anyone else is fighting with this, you have to put the entire chunk of code on a single line with no line breaks. Otherwise, blogger will helpfully add br tags throughout the javascript code, which breaks it.**

**Turns out, you don't actually have to do that. Blogger has a setting where it will add line breaks for you automatically in the post editor. Turn that off, and you can add your javascript with normal formatting.***



***Of course, as soon as you do, Blogger completely ignores your line returns, and your posts run together. Like that above.****

****And I've already gotten sick of having to add br to every line in my posts. Not to mention it broke all the old posts. It would be nice if Blogger's parser would watch for script tags, and not insert br tags inside them.

No comments: