Sunday, August 10, 2008

100 Books on the Booklist

I've finally made it to 100 books on the reading list, which was one of my goals. Having a critical mass of books on the reading list makes it easier to decide which book I want to read in a given category.

An astute reader who carefully studies my list will probably quickly notice a number of duplicates. For right now, I'm allowing a few duplicates in each category I haven't read. Once I reach that category, I'll pick one of the choices, and discard the others. So my list of 100 titles is really a bit shorter, once you eliminate the 10 or so duplicates.

The problem from here on out will be finding entries in the more obscure categories. Already, I can name my favorite categories based on population:
  • 973. Technically "US History", but pretty much anything related to the US goes here. Barack Obama's book is here, as is a book on Revolutionary War privateers. A surprising number of political books are categorized here.
  • 320 and 324. All of the political screeds that aren't found in 973 are found in one of these two categories.
  • 612. I've very interested in how the human body works. Unfortunately, every book on the topic, from memory to balance to emotion to memory falls here.
As always, suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

No comments: