Sunday, July 6, 2008

Rules

Here are the ground rules:
  1. I will read one book from each Dewey Decimal classification, from 000 to 999, skipping any of the classes that are empty or unused. Also, if I run across a category that is impossible to read, such as "Dictionaries of Spanish Train Parts", I'm probably going to skip that too.
  2. Nothing I have read before counts towards finishing. That is, only books that I read after starting this blog will be counted.
  3. I'll try to write a short review of each book I finish, and publish it here.
  4. No, I'm not doing them in order. That would be sheer madness.
  5. If I read a book that's not from my library, then I'll determine the most accurate number for it by looking it up in several online library catalogs, and use that.
  6. I'm not in any hurry, and I have no expected end date. "Before I die" would be nice, as I really don't want to haunt my local library for centuries finishing up.
Questions, comments, want to sell me iPods? Post a comment.

No comments: