- I will read one book from each Dewey Decimal classification, from 000 to 999, skipping any of the classes that are empty or unused. Also, if I run across a category that is impossible to read, such as "Dictionaries of Spanish Train Parts", I'm probably going to skip that too.
- Nothing I have read before counts towards finishing. That is, only books that I read after starting this blog will be counted.
- I'll try to write a short review of each book I finish, and publish it here.
- No, I'm not doing them in order. That would be sheer madness.
- If I read a book that's not from my library, then I'll determine the most accurate number for it by looking it up in several online library catalogs, and use that.
- I'm not in any hurry, and I have no expected end date. "Before I die" would be nice, as I really don't want to haunt my local library for centuries finishing up.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Here are the ground rules: